Title and Socials
Name: Gant Laborde
Company: Infinite Red
Title: CIO – Chief Innovation Officer
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA
Gant Laborde is an owner of Infinite Red, mentor, adjunct professor, published author, and award-winning speaker. For 20 years, he has been involved in software development and continues strong today. He is recognized as a Google Developer Expert in Web and Machine Learning, but informally he is an “open sourcerer” and aspires to one day become a mad scientist. He blogs, videos, and maintains popular repositories for the community. Follow Gant’s adventures at https://gantlaborde.com//
- Moderation / MC
- Q&A Posts
SUBJECTS I COVER
- I will not present at a panel or a conference line-up with an obvious lack of diversity, or if the conference organizers have expressed a dislike for diversity.
- I expect the conference to have and enforce a code of conduct.
- I don’t “pay to play”. As a presenter, I expect full access to the event.
- I am not interested in sponsored speaking slots.
- A fitting talk to the outlined duration and time
- Available to conference attendees
- Available for promotional parts of the event (unless significantly conflicting with setup or preparation)
- Promote my presence at your event
- Publish my slides and materials after the talk
- I’d like to use my own computer and clicker
- My slides are 16:9 format
- I only send my slides in advance if there is live translation or signing.
- My presentations may require sound – please check with me
- Prime speaking slot for the talk
- Professional stage setup
- Recorded and published talks will be properly edited and promoted
COST AND PAYMENT
- I do not expect to be paid for my presentations – If you have funds for speaker payment, please use this for diversity tickets instead.
- If possible, I’d like the conference to cover my hotel and travel – If you cannot provide accommodations and travel, I would like my employer to receive sponsorship for picking up the bill. Additionally, if I’m traveling trans-Atlantic, I would like to add an extra day for jetlag, to assure the best possible presentation for your event.
- I am happy to participate in marketing videos (e.g.1, 2) and blog posts for your event.
- I do not have any food allergies or accessibility restrictions